|Position:||Fundraising and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Operations Director|
|Working hours:||Full-time 9-5pm|
|Employment type:||2 x Permanent|
|Salary:||Negotiable. Dependent on experience|
|Deadline||Friday 6th September, 11.59pm.|
Helping Households Under Great Stress (HHUGS) is the only UK registered charity of its kind providing assistance to households impacted by counter-terrorism, national security and extremism-related laws, policies and procedures, in the UK and abroad, We strive to bring relief and support to households devastated by anti-terror raids by offering pastoral, financial, and practical support, advice and information through a country-wide network of dedicated volunteers. Since its inception in 2004, HHUGS has been a beacon of light to families struggling to survive in the shadows of society. HHUGS aims to provide the crucial emotional and moral support and practical skills necessary to empower these invisible victims to re-emerge from the darkness as confident individuals and full members of society.
We are seeking a talented, inspired, and energetic Fundraising and Volunteering Coordinator to provide a proactive, efficient and comprehensive administrative service to a small, ambitious charity, keen to develop and grow its fundraising activity so that we can support more individuals and families affected by detention.
You will be the first point of contact for our valued donors, volunteers, members of the public considering undertaking fundraising or volunteering activity on our behalf, providing excellent customer care and support and other ad hoc duties.
You will support the day-to-day running of charity’s office and the delivery of innovative income generation activity. You will ensure fundraising activity is accurately recorded, provide the relevant fundraising tools and guidelines and manage donation processing.
You will also support and implement the volunteering strategy, by establishing, and most critically, maintaining and growing volunteer relationships. You will plan and manage fundraising events, challenges and activities, and support our fundraising campaigns. Some work will be required out of usual office hours, to support our evening and weekend events.
The successful candidate will have a desire to forge a career in fundraising and volunteer management, and be keen to achieve individual and team targets. The Fundraising and Volunteering Coordinator role would particularly suit someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to learn quickly with demonstrable experience from previous customer service and general administration roles. We are looking for a goal orientated individual who thrives in a fast moving, multi-tasking environment, committed to our values and is passionate about making a difference.
Donation Processing and Management
- Ensure all incoming donations and related queries are processed, acknowledged and recorded in a timely manner within agreed standards.
- Maintain the CRM database for fundraising and supporters, regularly updating with a high level of accuracy, including donation and contact entry, acknowledgements, communication records and preferences.
- Ensure the related paper filing systems are maintained.
- Generate thank you letters, donation receipts, certificates of thanks to organisations and individuals, and circulate appeals.
- Count cash from collections, and deposit cash donations and cheques
- Ensure Gift Aid is claimed on all donations where applicable and that declarations are obtained, updated and recorded appropriately.
- Produce mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
Event Organisation and Fundraising Coordination
- Work with the Operations Director and fundraising team to increase income through the delivery of a strategic, cohesive fundraising programme and ensure delivery against objectives.
- Answer the supporter care phone line and general fundraising email enquiries
- Plan and coordinate fundraising functions and events
- Provide leadership and support to challenge participants and fundraisers to maximise their fundraising potential, ensuring up to date toolkits are provided and that any queries are answered promptly.
- Record, monitor and follow up with donors and challenge participants to ensure pledges are fulfilled and fundraising targets attained.
- Manage in seasonal fundraising campaigns, event stalls and fundraising collections (at mosques, streets, TFL and universities) within London.
- Source, liaise with and negotiate contracts with sponsors, venues, caterers, and suppliers, donations in kind, for fundraising events and merchandise
- Oversee resources, including the management of stock, stationary and merchandise and working with designers and suppliers
- Manage printing and orders of merchandise, and ensure effective distribution of our promotional and fundraising materials to volunteers.
- Promote and assist in the production of fundraising appeals and campaigns, and their materials.
- Engage with donors or fundraisers during campaigns to generate income
- Attend, promote, represent and raise funds for the charity at external events.
- Identify and recruit new and potential supporters, and encourage them to register for our events and challenges, using social media, e-newsletters and offline communication methods.
- Produce questionnaires and survey to obtain feedback on the delivery of events.
- Track registrations, donations and fundraising income against targets to monitor success of fundraising campaigns and events.
- Procuring sponsors for events and donations in kind for auctions
- Keep participants up to date on their event, including pre and post event emails.
- Assist with the production of key donor and supporter communications
- Utilising Social Media and digital platforms and email to increase donor reach and awareness of the charity’s work
- Identify under-performing events and explore opportunities to galvanise interest.
- To identify and research local market – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats Identify and research potential funding opportunities from existing and new funding sources.
- Establishing links with sympathetic media outlets for fundraising and PR
- opportunities including ethnic TV and radio outlets
- Apply best fundraising practices, including compliance with the Data Protection Act, and ensuring that all systems, processes, policies and operating models are maintained appropriately to deliver an efficient service to our supporters.
- Be the first point of contact for interest and offers of assistance from potential volunteers.
- Provide necessary levels of leadership, direction, support and advice to, and effectively engage with volunteers to ensure maximum return on fundraising initiatives.
- Recruit, process and provide sufficient induction and training for volunteers
- Complete required checks and reference requests in order to on-board volunteers.
- Responsible for the induction, support and supervision of volunteers in fundraising activity and office admin.
- Process and maintain volunteer records (applications, references check etc.)
- Maintain accurate and up to date volunteer records both paper and electronic.
- Manage and motivate volunteers in relation to fundraising activity during events, campaigns and collections – maintaining regular contact, providing regular feedback, responding to any incoming queries, performance analysis
- Service the needs of volunteers both professionally and socially through the organisation of regular meetings and coordinating volunteer activities.
- Ensure all regional volunteers adhere to fundraising and event policies.
Finance and General Office Support
- Process and file expense claim forms for volunteers
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure volunteer reimbursements and invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain logical filing systems (both electronic and print) for expense forms and invoices
- Managing post, incoming queries by phone, email and answer phone messages
- Adhere to all the charity standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with the data protection regulations, ensuring that remains confidential
The Fundraising and Volunteering Coordinator will report to the Operations Director. They will have regular contact with staff, volunteers, donors, fundraisers, suppliers, and supporters.
· Minimum level 3-5 qualification
· Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent
· Fundraising qualifications and/or training
· Previous experience in a similar fundraising, events management role
· Experience with managing volunteers with successful outcomes
· Experience of working in a customer focused environment
· Data entry and database maintenance experience
· Experience in running successful fundraising initiatives, events, campaigns and appeals, managing logistics.
· Outreach work experience and able to generate business
· Managing Social Media platforms and content
· Relevant experience and understanding of charity, community, voluntary sector, particularly in relation to volunteering and fundraising
· Experience working with mosques and community organisations.
Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to communicate confidently, clearly, positively and professionally, in writing, over the telephone and face to face
· Experience of business development
· High level of administrative competency including impeccable attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and highly numerate.
· Ability to work independently with efficiency, initiative and minimal supervision
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Flexible in a multi-task environment and adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office
· Ability to lead on projects and confidence in overall management
· Able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive financial and commercial information
· Knowledge of all aspects of database administration, including fundraising databases and CRM systems.
· Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
· Knowledge of direct mail, E-shots, Mailchimp
· Project management
· Strong team player prepared to contribute to the overall success of the charity
· Positive, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude with the drive to go above and beyond to support the wider team and other departments to achieve results
· A proactive networker who can bring energy to their work
· Passionate about fundraising and providing excellent supporter care
· Willingness to share and learn new skills
· Professional, friendly and approachable manner
· Highly self-motivated, committed with an ability to motivate others
· Resilient, particularly when faced with setbacks
· Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks and to get involved in a variety of fundraising projects and activities.
· Willingness to travel outside London and work out of hours (evenings and weekends) when required
· Understanding of confidentiality issues and data protection
· Commitment to equality and diversity practice
· In-dept knowledge, empathy and understanding of Islamic principles
· Commitment to continuous professional development and will to undertake further skills training as appropriate
· Committed to, able to act in accordance with and dedicated to upholding HHUGS’ and values
· Ability to represent the charity at external events
· Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The post holder must be available for the core hours of 9am-5pm weekdays from our office, with some work required in unsociable hours and weekends during events and campaigns. Salary is dependent on experience with holiday allowance for 30 days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays and 2 days for Eid.
The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK, with no contra-indications in personal background or criminal record.
The post holder will undertake any other duties of a similar nature, which are commensurate with the grade and seniority of the post.
Due to the number of applications and the limited resources of the charity, only applicants that are shortlisted for first interview will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the deadline, then unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV with an attached cover letter inclusive of contact details of two references to [email protected]. Please indicate “Fundraising and Volunteering Coordinator” and your name in the subject heading.
DEADLINE: 6th September, 11.59pm.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.