Helping Households Under Great Stress (HHUGS) is the only UK registered charity of its kind providing assistance to Muslim households impacted by counter-terrorism, national security and extremism-related laws, policies and procedures, in the UK and abroad, through a nationwide network of dedicated volunteers. Since its inception in 2004, HHUGS has been a beacon of light to families struggling to survive by providing the crucial financial, emotional support, and practical skills necessary to empower these hidden victims to re-emerge as confident individuals and full members of society.
As Beneficiary Programmes Support Assistant, you will assist and support the beneficiary team’s daily activities in order to meet their aims and objectives. You will learn and develop new skills as you undertake a range of activities that are integral to HHUGS’ work, from day-to-day administration of a small but busy beneficiary department, ranging from interacting with beneficiaries and volunteers, data entry, research, event co-ordination and beneficiary campaign and programme support.
- Support the beneficiary team with any ad-hoc admin duties such as posting, scanning and filing hard copy and electronic files
- Manage the incoming post for the team and updating of the postal log spreadsheet.
- Support with the processing of applications for financial and practical support from beneficiaries and obtaining supporting evidence
- Liaising with the Finance Manager to ensure payments are processed
- Support with financial admin for programmes: processing receipts, obtaining confirmation slips and dispatching vouchers
- Ensuring that the database is maintained and updated with accurate information, cleansing existing case files.
- Researching and writing case summaries for beneficiary files
- Assist in collecting monthly summary reports from keyworkers and mentors.
- Support with the processing of new volunteers for the beneficiary team, from application stage to induction.
- Assist with organising volunteer engagement events and training opportunities
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date volunteer records
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure volunteer expenses are reimbursed
Campaign, Event & Programme Support
- Assist with admin duties for the various projects delivered by the team as part of the beneficiary support services, i.e. Youth mentoring programme
- Support the Caseworkers in the organisation of beneficiary events, such as annual Eid parties
- Support caseworkers with seasonal campaigns – calling beneficiaries to complete surveys, ordering and packaging gifts for delivery.
- Undertake research related to assist with the development of new programmes and partners
- Obtain feedback and testimonials on services, events and programmes from beneficiaries to measure and demonstrate impact
- Transcribe interviews from audio recordings
- Extract quantitative and qualitative data from audit transcripts
The intern will undertake any other duties of a similar nature, which are commensurate with the grade and seniority of the post.
The Beneficiary Programmes Assistant will be supported by the Beneficiary Support Manager. There will be regular meetings to monitor progress and provide mentoring and assistance where necessary. S/he will have regular contact with caseworkers, volunteer keyworkers, mentors and HHUGS’ beneficiaries.
Applicants should be team players, flexible, with good organisational, data entry and communication skills. We are looking for someone patient, meticulous with high attention to detail and accuracy and with experience of working with confidential data. They should be trusted, empathetic, diligent, motivated and reliable with some experience relevant to the role, as well as a strong commitment to the Charity’s values and ethos and possess a good understanding and familiarity with Muslim faith and culture. Fluency in one of the following community languages a bonus: Urdu, Bangla, Arabic, Somali.
To apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and two referees to [email protected] by Friday 7th August 2020 and reference ‘Intern Application’.
Please note that interviews will be held over Zoom. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide feedback to candidates who are not invited to interview.
At this time, the role will be home-based involving remote working, however the successful candidate will join colleagues at our office in London, when safe to do so in accordance with government advice on Covid-19.