|Position:||Fundraising Admin Assistant|
|Reports to:||Operations Director|
|Location:||Brixton, London (remote working during lockdown)|
|Working hours:||Full-time (35 hours per week)|
|Employment type:||Fixed Term (12 months), Renewable|
|Salary:||£10.85 per hour|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
Helping Households Under Great Stress (HHUGS) is the only UK registered charity of its kind, embracing and empowering families impacted by counter-terrorism, national security and extremism-related laws, policies and procedures, in the UK and abroad. We provide pastoral, financial, and practical support, advice and information through a country-wide network of dedicated volunteers. Since its inception in 2004, HHUGS has been a beacon of light to families struggling to survive in the shadows of society. HHUGS aims to provide the crucial emotional and moral support and practical skills necessary to empower invisible victims to re-emerge from the darkness as confident individuals and full members of society. We endeavour to restore hope, relieve hardship and rebuild lives.
We are seeking a reliable, dedicated and energetic Fundraising Administrative Assistant to provide an efficient and comprehensive administrative service to a small, ambitious charity, keen to develop and grow its fundraising activity so that we can continue to support families affected by detention.
You will support the fundraising team and be the first point of contact for our valued donors, volunteers, members of the public, ensuring administration duties and donations are processing according to the agreed standards, providing excellent customer care and support. You will support the day-to-day running of charity’s office and the delivery of innovative income generation activity. You will ensure fundraising activity is accurately recorded, provide the relevant fundraising tools and guidelines. You will manage the administration of the fundraising database to ensure fundraising activity and supporter details are accurately maintained. You will also support the on-boarding and management of volunteers, maintaining accurate records. You will provide vital support for our fundraising events, challenges and campaigns.
The successful candidate will have a strong
commitment to our values, passionate about our mission and be empathetic
towards our beneficiaries. S/he should have excellent attention to detail, be
professional, methodical, and keen to achieve individual and team targets. The
Fundraising Admin Assistant role would particularly suit someone with strong
communication skills, excellent time management and administration skills, and
the ability to learn quickly with demonstrable experience from previous
customer service and general administration roles. We are looking for a
self-motivated and goal-orientated individual who thrives in a fast paced,
multi-tasking environment and is eager to make a difference.
Donation Processing & Administration
- Manage the phone lines and be the first point of contact for all callers, ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered and maintained.
- Ensure all incoming donations and related queries are processed and acknowledged efficiently, in a timely manner within agreed standards and whilst communicating professionally at all times
- To manage all enquiries via our main email account and post
- Promote and effectively communicate the charity’s projects, campaigns, and appeals
- Set up, and process phone donations, direct debits and standing orders, including amendments or cancellations to existing orders.
- Process postal donations
- Regularly update and maintain the fundraising and supporter with a high level of accuracy, including donation and contact entry, acknowledgements, communication records and preferences.
- Identify duplicate records and incomplete data fields
- Produce and dispatch thank you letters, donation receipts, certificates of thanks to organisations and individuals.
- Ensure Gift Aid is claimed on all donations where applicable and that declarations are obtained, updated and recorded appropriately.
- Ensure the related paper filing systems are maintained to the highest standard for Gift Aid, pledges, standing order forms, direct debit mandates, receipts and volunteer records.
- Produce mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Counting and recording cash collections received within a secure environment
- Achieve the best possible outcome for HHUGS from each customer contact, directing them to the engagement most suited to their needs and most beneficial to the charity.
- Help to nurture long term relationships through effective stewardship of supporters and high quality communication.
- Effectively deal with any complaints and ensure learning is implemented.
- Work with the Operations Director and fundraising team to fulfil fundraising plans, deadlines and meet targets.
- Responsible for outbound calls to donors to thank and acknowledge donations, promote events and campaigns, including working flexible hours to ensure sufficient cover is provided during peak campaigns
- Support the development, delivery and evaluation of fundraising events, activities and community fundraising campaigns.
- Support event and challenge participants and fundraisers to maximise their fundraising potential, ensuring up to date toolkits are provided and that any queries are answered promptly.
- Record, monitor and follow up with donors, fundraisers and challenge participants to ensure pledges are fulfilled and fundraising targets achieved.
- Participate in seasonal fundraising campaigns, event stalls and fundraising collections
- Source, liaise with and negotiate contracts with sponsors, venues, caterers, and suppliers, donations in kind, for fundraising events and merchandise
- Oversee resources, including the management and orders of stock, stationery and merchandise
- Manage printing and orders of merchandise, maintain supplies and ensure effective distribution of our promotional and fundraising materials to volunteers.
- Promote and assist in the production of fundraising appeals and campaigns, and their materials.
- Ensure that appropriate materials and equipment are available for events; loading, delivering and returning materials and equipment to and from functions.
- Engage with donors and fundraisers during campaigns to generate income
- Recruit new and potential supporters, and encourage them to register for our events and challenges, using social media, e-newsletters and offline communication methods.
- Produce questionnaires and surveys to obtain feedback on the delivery of events.
- Keep participants up to date on their event, including pre and post event emails.
- Research potential corporate sponsors, businesses, trusts and, grants, noting their criteria, requirements and track deadlines for grant applications.
- Apply best fundraising practices, including compliance with the Data Protection Act, and ensuring that all systems, processes, policies and operating models are maintained appropriately to deliver an efficient service to our supporters.
- Preparing e-shots and direct mail shots to donors, supporters and volunteers
- Managing website updates and updating social media platforms when required
- Be the first point of contact for interest and offers of assistance from potential volunteers
- Schedule interviews and complete reference requests in order to on-board volunteers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date volunteer records both paper and electronic.
- Support staff in the induction and supervision of volunteers in relation to fundraising activity during events, campaigns and collections – maintaining regular contact and responding to any incoming queries
- Arrange volunteers to assist with fundraising and administrative activities, and ensure they are utilised effectively
- Support staff in servicing the needs of volunteers by attending regular meetings and coordinating volunteer activities.
- Process and file expense claim forms for volunteers and liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure reimbursements are made in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all the charity standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with the data protection regulations and confidentiality standards.
- Keep professional knowledge and expertise up to date
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and contribute positively.
- Take minutes as required, present in a professional format and circulate in time
- Undertake any other duties or tasks commensurate with this post as reasonably requested by the line manager
- Treat all colleagues, volunteers and members of the public with dignity
- Ensure professionalism and credibility at all times.
- Uphold the reputation and values
of HHUGS at all times.
Fundraising Assistant will report to the Operations Director. S/he will have
regular contact with the Fundraising Coordinators, Marketing &
Communications staff, volunteers, donors, fundraisers, suppliers, and
|Qualifications||Minimum level 3 qualification||Level 4-5 qualification;|
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent
|Experience||Previous experience in a similar administrative or support role|
Experience of working in a customer focused environment
Data entry and database maintenance experience
|Relevant experience in the charity, community, voluntary sector, particularly in relation to fundraising.|
Experience in successful fundraising events, campaigns and appeals
Understanding of the sector in general and fundraising in particular.
|Skills & Knowledge||Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills |
Ability to communicate confidently, clearly, positively and professionally, in writing, over the telephone and face to face
Proven administrative skills including impeccable attention to detail
Fast, methodical and accurate data entry skills
Ability to work independently with efficiency, initiative and minimal supervision
Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Flexible in a multi-task environment and adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office
Able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive financial and commercial information
Good standard of numeracy
|Knowledge of database administration, including fundraising databases and CRM systems.|
Knowledge and understanding of GDPR and fundraising standards.
Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
|Personal Qualities/Other||Strong team player prepared to contribute to the overall success of the charity|
Excellent interpersonal skills
Positive, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude with the drive to go above and beyond to support the wider team to achieve results
Passionate about fundraising and providing excellent supporter care
Willingness to share and learn new skills
Professional, friendly and
Highly self-motivated, committed with an ability to motivate others
Resilient, particularly when faced with setbacks
Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks and to get involved in a variety of fundraising projects and activities.
Willingness to work flexible hours during peak campaigns and emergencies.
Understanding of confidentiality issues and data protection
Commitment to equality and diversity practice
Broad knowledge, empathy and understanding of Islamic principles
Commitment to continuous
professional development and will to undertake further skills training as appropriate
Committed to, and able to uphold HHUGS values, vision and mission
|Full driving licence and access to a vehicle|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The post holder must be available for the core hours of 9am-5pm
weekdays from our office. Staff will work remotely during any lockdown periods.
Salary is dependent on experience with holiday allowance for 30 days per annum.
The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK, with no contra-indications in personal background or criminal record.
The post holder will undertake any other duties of a similar nature, which are commensurate with the grade and seniority of the post.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and a completed application form, inclusive of contact details of two references to [email protected]. Please indicate “Fundraising Admin Assistant” and your name in the subject heading.
Due to the number of applications and the limited resources of the charity, only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the deadline, then unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
DEADLINE: 30th June, 11.59pm
Interviews will be held as applications are received, starting as soon as possible.