Already joined the campaign and want to edit your page
Support Layla Guelimi = 6 Mile Walk
I am #44 on the leaderboard. See how others are performing
See how the rest of your team is performing
This October I will be taking part in the Virginia Water Sisters Hike to raise crucial funds for HHUGS' single mothers and children – a very much needed cause right here in the UK.
I'm one of a team of competitors striving to trek whilst raising
for HHUGS families, right here in the UK. Please sponsor our efforts to make a difference ❤️👇🏻
In over 200 broken homes, not far from your own, families affected by counter-terror measures are facing fear and poverty in a time that has destabilised countries.
Accustomed to a life of social distancing long before the pandemic, now they are more isolated than ever. Children, who are no better off than orphans; single mothers wrestling with extreme stress; and elderly parents ostracised by their communities are struggling to cope. With their husbands in prison, these women face social isolation and financial hardships, as they struggle desperately to provide for their children. With no one to rely on but Allah, they are the single mothers living in our midst, unknown, unnoticed and often shunned.
We have lived with the pandemic and the subsequent restrictions it brought for over a year. The difficulty we all felt during the strictest periods of lockdown is an isolation and pain these mothers know all too well. Yet as we remained safe in our homes with our loved ones, these women still struggle alone in the absence of a husband, father and often the community too. For them, social distancing is not a temporary measure, as their husbands face a permanent lockdown. As well as the emotional impact of this, families are left in great financial uncertainty too.
By sponsoring my challenge, your donations could provide:
· £50 you can - Heal a Heart and relieve a family's trauma with a session of professional therapy.
· For £250 you can Feed the Hungry and restore their dignity with a month of food vouchers.
· For £500 you can Shelter the Homeless by covering rent and essential utilities
· For £750 you can Nurture her vulnerable child – provide a source of hope and positivity for a child in despair
· For £1000 you can Empower a Mother in Need by helping her gain independence through education, driving lessons and vocational training
· For £2000 you can Alleviate the Burdened by relieving a single mother of debts she cannot pay. Together, we can make a world of difference for some of the most vulnerable families in our midst.
Please donate, sponsor me and help make a difference to the single mothers of today!
This cause is zakat eligible
My donation is for
Display my name as anonymous
Share my details with the fundraiser
Last donation was 3mos 1w ago
in sha Allah you have a awesome hike