Why not host a special Iftar for some of your loved ones and raise some funds and heal a heart with Mercy this Shawwal?
“Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward like that of the fasting person, without any reduction in his reward.” (Tirmidhi)
By hosting a HHUGS Iftar, you can extend a hand of compassion to families facing dark times, with minimal effort and expense. Continue the good deeds even after Ramadhan by the simple act of inviting your own guests for an Iftar meal and each making a donation towards the only charity of it’s kind.
If you want to make a difference but can’t donate much yourself, then A Date with HHUGS provides the perfect opportunity, combining the rewards of feeding a fasting person with that of sadaqah for this unique cause, from the comfort of your own home – a small action yet yielding great relief in the month where rewards are multiplied beyond measure.
“Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action.” (Bukhari)
Tips to Organise Your Date With HHUGS:
- Choose a date and time.
- Invite your friends at least five days ahead, giving plenty of notice.
- Consider charging a small entry fee for the Iftar.
- Go on our website to get all the information you need about our work.
- Select some videos from our YouTube Channel to play at your event.
- Invite someone to speak about the virtues of Sadaqah in Dhul Hijjah, or prepare the reminder yourself.
- Contact us for a fundraising script (covering the virtues of sadaqah, testimonials, case studies) and merchandise to sell at your gathering – choose from mugs, badges, key rings, t-shirts, postcards, bookmarks!
- Aim for each attendee to set up a standing order– be it £2, £5, £10 or £20 a month, every penny counts! – or to order a penny box from HHUGS.
- Ask a local restaurant to sponsor or donate food, or make it a one-dish party so guests to share in the reward!
- Encourage your guests to make a pledge and fulfill it by organising their own Iftar or sponsored activities.
- Take plenty of pictures, and share them on social media!