Zipwire Velocity Challenge
Pay £80 registration fee up front and fundraise £350
Duration: 2 hours
500 ft High
Age: 10+, under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Registration deadline: 30 September 11.59pm
Transport available from London(Birmingham – subject to demand)
Soar over the skies and take in the beautiful scenery as you reach speeds of over 100mph
This adrenaline-inducing challenge promises to be a great day out for thrill seekers or those looking for a unique challenge. Described as the “nearest thing to flying,” this mile long zip line will give you a unique view of the historic quarry and the spectacular North Wales coastline and beyond.
Saturday 15th October, leaving London at 7am.
Zip World Penrhyn Quarry,
Bethesda LL57 4YG
A minibus will be leaving from London at 6am on Saturday 17th March. Transport for Luton, Birmingham and Bradford can arranged upon request.
Men and boys over 10 years old.
The entire experience will last 2 hours.
£350, or £430 if you pay the reduced registration fee.
Registration fee is £80, this is inclusive of transport nd the Zip Wire experience. Alternatively you can pay just £30 and add £50 to your sponsorship target, fundraising a total of £430.
6-7 hours, we aim to reach ZipWorld Velocity for about 12pm.
No. Please be on time at the designated meeting points. The minibus will leave at the scheduled times. Please consider leaving slightly earlier than normal to allow for delays.
Minimum age – 10 years old
Maximum age – None – Eldest rider to date – 94 years!
Children under the age of 18 years will not be permitted to use any activity unless accompanied by a participating adult at all times.
Children must be accompanied by 1 participating adult in respect of 3 children .
Maximum permitted user weight – 120kg
Minimum permitted user weight – 30kg
Maximum permitted user height – 2.1 metres (7 foot)
Minimum permitted user height – 120cm (4 feet)
Breakfast and lunch will be provided on the journey, a stop will be made for dinner if needed.
Prepare for all weather! If the weather forecast is for cold weather, it is strongly advised that you wear gloves whilst participating and we recommend wearing sensible warm/waterproof clothing. For those warmer Spring days, still consider you are in a mountainous environment and temperatures will be significantly low.
We aim to be back in Brixton by 8pm on the Saturday.
There are many ways to fundraise and when you sign up, we will give you great ideas and we are always at hand to give you further support.
Here are a few tips:
A great way to start fundraising is to set up an online sponsorship page which you can share with your contacts on Facebook, Twitter, SMS, E-mail, WhatsApp, Telegram broadcasts etc.
Fundraising pages are just like paper sponsorship forms, except they’re online, so you don’t have to worry about dealing with cash, cheques and chasing sponsors after the event is finished. Or why not create your own fundraising team to help you spread the word!.
To create your page:
visit www.justgiving.com or www.btplc.com or www.charitychoice.co.uk. Click on Make Your Page. Search and select HHUGS. Follow the simple step-by-step instructions. Share it with others easily via email,text,Twitter,Facebook.
- Why not set up a text code too so that your friends and family can donate towards your walk with a simple SMS! Follow this link for instructions Setting Up Your Text Code. Once you have made your page don’t forget to send us the link by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org· Contact your local mosque or circle to support you by making an announcement of the event and help you to fundraise.
- Get your fundraising matched by a colleague, workplace or friend·
- Distribute leaflets to raise awareness amongst family and friends·
- Contact your local press and radio stations with your fundraising·
- Visit your local businesses for their support by asking them to sponsor you·
- We will send you a Charity Collection Penny Box which you can place at home or work and even at the till of a shop, restaurant, café or library.
- Get your ISOC, School, Scouts groups and others to get involved.·
- Use our Sponsorship Form to help you raise funds·
- Use Facebook to promote your walk, through status updates, posting photos during the walk, making videos, sending messages and creating groups and event pages to encourage others to attend!
UK tax payers can make their donation go further. The government will give a further 25% of your donation to the charity, and it doesn’t cost you or your sponsors a thing. So remind all your tax paying sponsors to tick the gift aid box – this includes those who are giving cash or cheques, if they are using the sponsorship form. Without a declaration we won’t be able to claim the Gift Aid on donations towards your sponsorship!
Remember , HHUGS are here to help by sending you leaflets, collection buckets and sponsorship forms so you can kick start your fundraising!
How to send your sponsorship money to us:
Your own JustGiving or other fundraising pages If you have set up your own page, please send us the website address. Thereafter, there isn’t anything further you need to do as your donation page will transfer the money directly to HHUGS bank account.
Donate online www.hhugs.org.uk/donate or Cheque or Postal Orders should be made payable to ‘HHUGS’ with reference ‘Sports Day + your name’ and sent to: HHUGS, Office 36, 80-90 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8PN
Al Rayan Bank
Account No: 01269701
Sort Code: 30-00-83
Reference: “Skydive” & your name
Send your sponsorship form to our address and transfer the money through any of the above methods.